Walk-in assessments available 1:00pm-3:00pm every Wednesday.
We offer substance use evaluations for adolescents and adults. The evaluation is the first step in determining if the individual needs further assistance with their substance use.
To schedule an appointment, please call.
Specialty Program For Women
Volunteers of America, Dakotas – New Start Specialty Program for Women is a 24-hour residential program for pregnant and parenting women, who have substance use disorders, and their children. This program provides a safe, structured, therapeutic, and staff-secured environment.
Participants gain insight in the following areas:
- Attaining their high school diploma, GED, or specialized skills training
- Learning parenting, child and self-care, independent living, and relationship skills
- Addressing their substance use, mental health, or legal problems
- Improving their employability skills
- Accessing high-quality prenatal, postpartum, and well-baby care
In addition to family therapy, daily phone and visiting hours are available to encourage family involvement from the admission process to aftercare planning.
The aftercare program focuses on providing continuing care, counseling, and support to adolescents and adults who have completed a structured inpatient or outpatient treatment program.
Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) seeks to decrease relapse among offenders of substance abuse by increasing moral reasoning. This form of treatment is systematic and implements a cognitive-behavioral approach.
MRT addresses an individual’s ego, social, moral, and positive behavioral growth in a progressive, step by step design. The program consists of 12 steps that attempt to change how offenders make decisions and judgments by growing ethical rational.
Our 12 steps focus on seven basic treatment issues:
- Confrontation of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors
- Assessment of current relationships
- Reinforcement of positive behavior and habits
- Positive identity formation
- Enhancement of self-concept
- Decrease in self-indulgence and development of frustration tolerance
- Development of higher stages of moral reasoning
This program is intended for individuals 18 years of age and older, and is offered the following times every Monday: 9-10:30 AM | 1:30-3 PM | 6-7:30 PM | 7:30-9 PM
Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
Intensive outpatient services focus on providing intensive outpatient treatment for adolescents ages 12 to 18 and for adults 18 and up who are harmfully involved with alcohol or other drugs. The program provides individual, group, and family counseling and assists the individual in developing the skills necessary to remain substance-free and begin a recovery program.